This page shows the manual of style that all pages and wiki content must follow.
Please note that this manual is not perfect. Therefore, feel free to message a Wikia Team member for any corrections or other amendments.
This wiki only allows autoconfirmed users to edit, meaning if you just made your account today, you'll have to wait four more days until you're able to edit. New accounts can still comment on articles, blog posts, message walls, etc.
Any page created has to be about a feature in the game, or necessary content related to Dragon Ball Online Generations or SonnyDhaBoss' works. The pages we (the DBOG Wikia Team) are accepting are the following:
- Any in-game features:
- Playable races
- Game passes
- Media relating to Dragon Ball Online Generations (as long as they're absolutely crucial to DBOG the game itself, such as if it involves interviewing with a developer about any upcoming features)
We HIGHLY recommend users asking a DBOG Wikia Team member first, and then waiting for their response before creating a page (see Rules - Unauthorized Page Creation).
Grammar and Language
When editing on a page, it must always be in English (American and British English are both acceptable), and always follow SPG (spelling, punctuation, grammar). Always use capitalization when needed (i.e. the name "DBOG" is spelled in all caps).
Any edit that is not in English will be counted as vandalism and result in an action taken by the DBOG Wikia Team (see Rules - Vandalism). There may be Japanese text as well, but only when it's needed.
Perspective defines a point of view. There are three kinds of perspective: first-person, second-person, and third-person.
- First-person uses pronouns "I", "our", "we", and "us".
- Second-person uses pronouns "you" and "your".
- Third-person uses pronouns "they", "he", "she", "it", and "them".
We try to avoid usage of second-person or first-person pronouns. Therefore, instead of "you" (the pronoun users might use to refer to the example player mentioned throughout articles as), we prefer using "the player".
Images, GIFs, and Videos
- Images/GIFs used for the main image of a page.
- Visuals for what is being described.
For game screenshots, we prefer images that do NOT have the following present:
- Cursors of any kind.
- User interfaces (GUIs and such).
- Name tags of players or NPCs.
Therefore, the best recommended option is to take a screenshot while in Camera Mode in game.
The only exceptional screenshots to the above rules, however, are those taken by developers. The format of those screenshot names should be "<name> Sneak Peek".
Currently, we do not approve of tips in our pages, mainly because of salty discussions and flame wars that could spring out of them. Therefore, if you want to give tips to other players, do it in discussions or in a comment section under an appropriate article.
Important Things to Remember
Other important things to remember here as an editor are the following:
- Dedication is valuable. How and why this wiki was formed in the first place was through dedication to DBOG and SonnyDhaBoss. In fact, all DBOG-related media (the Discord server, DBOG Podcast, etc) and even DBOG itself were made through dedication.
- Never be all "I'm always right". Remember, "I'm right and everyone else is wrong" is one of the worst mindsets anyone could have as an editor. Be more analytical, and always have the will to listen to the other side.
- Never make speculations about the game or anything in general. Unless it's confirmed by a developer or SonnyDhaBoss. Speculation is one of the wiki's worst nemeses.
The trivia section is only for information that can't be placed anywhere else. Junk trivia (trivia entries that can easily be put in sections other than the "Trivia" section, or generally unneeded entries) should be avoided.